The University of Wisconsin-Extension in conjunction with UW-Madison Department of Soil Science will conduct eight Soil, Water, and Nutrient Management Meetings Nov. 27 to Dec. 6, 2018 around the state to provide research updates in the field of soil management, fertility, and nutrient management. All questions/comments should be directed to Francisco Arriaga, 608-263-3913, firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Cover crops and nutrient management
– Can we use soil health tests for fertilizer recommendations?
– Evaluating fall manure BMPs
– Sampling soils and plants in Wisconsin
– Are FGD and SDA calcium sulfite worth using?
– Soil compaction issues after a wet fall – recap
– Wisconsin nutrient management update
Speakers include UW-Extension Soil Specialists Carrie Laboski, Matt Ruark, and Francisco Arriaga; Andrew Stammer, Director of the Soil & Forage Analysis Laboratory; and Sue Porter, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
Meetings will held from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm with a lunch break between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm. Registration is $45 per person. Lunch and a packet with relevant resources are included with registration. It is requested to contact the host of the location you are interested in attending to pre-register at least 1 week prior to the event to save a seat, meal, and materials packet. Continued Education Units (CEUs) for Certified Crop Advisers will be provided (2.0 NM and 2.0 SW).
The schedule for the meetings is:
– Tuesday, November 27:: DeForest at Comfort Inn, 5025 County Hwy V. Contact: Heidi Johnson, UW-Extension Dane County at 608-224-3716. Please register online at fyi.uwex.edu/danecountyag/upcoming-ag-programs/
– Wednesday, November 28: Eau Claire at Clarion Hotel, 2703 Craig Road. Contact: Mark Hagedorn, UW-Extension Eau Claire County, 227 First St., Altoona, WI 54720; 715-839-4712.
– Thursday, November 29: Sparta at Jake’s Northwoods, 1132 Angelo Rd., Hwy 21. Contact: Bill Halfman, UW-Extension Monroe County, 14345 Co. Hwy B, Rm. 1, Sparta, WI 54656; 608-269-8722.
– Friday, November 30: Marshfield at Marshfield Ag Research Station Auditorium, 2611 Yellowstone Dr. Contact: Evan Henthorne, UW-Extension Adams County, 569 N. Cedar St. Ste. 3, Adams, WI 53910; 608-339-4237.
– Monday, December 3: Juneau at Dodge County Admin Bldg., 127 Oak St. Contact: Laure Dei, UW-Extension Dodge County, Admin Bldg. 127 Oak St., Juneau, WI 53039; 920-386-3790.
– Tuesday, December 4: Kiel at Millhome Super Club, 3 miles East on Hwy. 57/31. Contact: Mike Ballweg, UW-Extension Sheboygan County, 5 University Dr., Sheboygan, WI 53081; 920-459-5904.
– Wednesday, December 5: Cecil at The Main Event, 206 North Lemke St. Contact: Kimberly Kassube, UW-Extension Shawano County, Courthouse, Rm. 101, 311 N. Main St., Shawano, WI 54166; 715-526-6136.
– Thursday, December 6: Dodgeville at Iowa County Health and Human Services Bldg., 303 W. Chapel St. Contact: Gene Schriefer, UW-Extension Iowa County, 303 W. Chapel St., Ste. 1200, Dodgeville, WI 53533; 608-930-9850.